Wednesday, March 25, 2009

onto Glendambo

Standing in eh middle of nowhere, having been dropped off the train. "Don't go this way, go that way", am I in wonderland? Both ways look identical! The mad hatter and teh cheshire cat roll away as we are left making sure we don't head in teh wrong direction. In the distance (coming from that way) a small yellow dot slowly grows bigger. A wave. A few shouted words lost in the empty distance. Warrabe, a fellow cyclist, panniers, water bottles and determination. Exchanging intra-web sites and contact details... joy!
Off the red sand and back onto the hwy, 10kms to Glendambo. What a beautiful arrival, Louise smiles from the counter "you must be the cycling girls, we've been expecting you". New to the business but so at home... will be making sure all know to stop in here and say hi! Rod and louise your kindness was overwhelming:) A nice bed, shower and teh best quiche - only regret was eating it so fast I never got to savour the flavour, next time I promise! A quick trip with Ryan out to a pub in kingoonya - population 8! Such a coo little pub... will be spreading teh word. Ryan I know we won't see you in Marla, so a great big THANK YOU! for your generosity and advice, local knowledge is invaluable!
6 am rise... 6:30... 6:50 packed, breakfast ordered and what we believe will be enough water for a 252km push to Coober Pedy. eeeekkkk!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mel and Be,

    Bilyana hear !!

    A quick note to say "g'day"

    How are you two today, what are you doing, who are are you doing it with and why are you doing it at ALL (big silly delicious smile)

    I am drowning in a rising sea of assessments for University.

    Yippee Aye Ay !!

    Your example is quiet and powerful at the same time.

    I visit you both often in the memory of my heart.

    Boom Schuka Luka !!

    With my shoulders square, back straight and tall, my face focused upwards and outwards, if find that there is light behind my smile, shine within my eyes, bounce upon my step, joy in my heart and me being present with you on your blog page.

    You have brought extra sunshine to my already sun-filled day.

    Power to YOU BOTH

    love love love

    bilyana

    ReplyDelete